Rough Draft – Sunday, Sept. 29, 2019.
Final Draft – Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019.
Direction: You need to arrange an interview with THREE different faculty members in the English Department at Claflin University.
You need to set up your interview by sending a professional email to that faculty member (you need to copy, cc, me in that email) requesting a time to meet and conduct your interview.
Try to arrange your interview during the faculty members office hours or at their convienence.
You will type up their responses in double-spaced paper, paragraph form. This should allow you to create 3-4 paragraphs per faculty member each and ultimately a 2-4 page paper typed.
Faculty Interview Questionnaire:
- Where did you attend graduate school, both for your master’s and/or doctoral degree?
- What is your degree cognate? What area did they specialize in their graduate degree? Ex. PhD in English, cognate/focus in Late Renaissance Literature.
- Why did you choose this institution(s) to pursue an advanced/graduate degree(s)?
- What was/is the focus of your thesis/dissertation?
- Why or how did you arrive at the topic you focused on for your thesis/dissertation?
- Did you know what you were going to be a college professor?
- What is your research areas of interest?
- Have you ever taught in public schools – secondary, elementary, middle, etc.?
- How many collegiate institutions have you been employed at?
- Have you ever successfully assisted an undergraduate student (current or former) or colleague in the admissions process into a program that you have completed?
- Are you published?